CHICAGO IRL Issue 4 Release Part I - Salonathon - h melt
h. melt is a transqueer poet and artist who was born in chicago. their creative work explores the relationships
between race, gender, sexuality, class and religion. h. melt’s work has been featured in queer chicago spaces
such as homolatte, wolfram manor collective, and woman made gallery. they are pursuing an mfa @ the school
of the art institute of chicago.
Every Monday, artists of all types descend upon Beauty Bar to bring to life works that defy traditional genres, from dance pieces crafted in basements to puppet shows put together in attics to stories written on the CTA to the side projects of local legends. Conceived and curated by Jane Beachy, SALONATHON strives to support the creation of new, emerging and underground art in Chicago and beyond.
This was engaging, funny, and and thought provoking.
H.melt is amazing.
- handcrampp reblogged this from hmelt
- marysonfire reblogged this from hmelt
- aminaross reblogged this from chicagoirl
- delpetunia likes this
- hueyamarumarley reblogged this from hmelt
- hmelt reblogged this from chicagoirl
- jesus--walks reblogged this from chicagoirl
- iamkiam reblogged this from chicagoirl and added:
- iamkiam likes this
- adullbrilliance likes this
- puppiesandbabies likes this
- chicagoirl reblogged this from jrvmajesty
- chicagoirl likes this
- jrvmajesty posted this